Location: Library - 2nd floor
Monday thru Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The paper/pencil GED test has ended. You must now take the tests on the computer. Available test dates at Inver Hills begin in January 2014.
What do I need to know about taking the GED?
Before the GED test is taken:
- An examinee must be a resident of the State of Minnesota for a minimum of 90 days.
- An examinee must be a minimum of 19 years of age or have an approved age waiver from the Minnesota Department of Education (link to age waiver)
- An examinee must register for the GED test online at: https://ged.com/. Fees must be paid at the time of registration.
- You MUST reschedule online through the "My Account" function at https://ged.com/ more than 24 hours in advance. The testing center cannot reschedule your test for you. Failure to reschedule will result in forfeiture of the fees paid.
For the GED test:
- All examinees will be seated in a designated room for the GED exam.
- We will provide scratch paper, and pens/pencils.
- No personal items/materials are allowed in the testing room, except for the test and answer sheet. A limited number of small lockers are available to store personal items, please plan accordingly. No food or drink is allowed in the testing room.
- The number of tests taken in one day is determined by you, when you register online and pay for testing.
- An examinee must complete a test before leaving the testing room. No breaks will be allowed during an individual test.
- Talking is not allowed during the exam, except with the test proctor. Any examinee discovered talking or cheating during a test will surrender their test and be permanently dismissed from the Inver Hills Testing Center and reported to the MN Dept of Education – GED Office.
Are the tests timed?All GED tests are timed. You will be allotted a specific amount of time to take each test. However, if you finish a test early, you can come out of the testing room and request to begin the next test. Specific test sections and times can be found at: https://ged.com/.
Coming In January 2014 - All New GED Testing
All new computerized GED testing will be implemented January 1, 2014. All old incomplete GED paper/pencil tests/scores will be VOID. Don’t miss the boat by losing your current test scores.
I completed my GED in Minnesota and need a transcript:
For all GED test records completed in MN, contact MN Dept of Ed:
Minnesota Department of Education will not FAX GED records.
For GED test records completed outside of MN:
Contact the Department of Education in the state where you completed your GED.