Counseling, Advising, and
Location: College Center
Individual appointments are available for enrolled or returning students. To schedule, call 651-450-3508.
The Career Services helps students and alumni with their vocational and career exploration and searches. We assist with development of skills needed to seek internships and employment.
Please note that On-Campus Jobs are not part of Career Services. You may visit the On-Campus Jobs page for available jobs. Use the job's contact information because as we are unable to answer any questions about a posted job.
See outlines of common career areas, employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities.
Services for students and alumni
- Career appointments
Students and alumni may schedule individual appointments with our department to discuss career related concerns. Possible topics you may discuss include, but are not limited to, career/industry research, resume/cover letters, interviewing, and questions regarding job search techniques. Appointments are scheduled for 30 to 60 minutes. To make an appointment, call 651-450-3301.
- Resume and cover letter development
- Mock (practice) interviews
Students will learn about the benefits of networking and how to create and maintain a professional network.
- Online Resources
The Career and Employment Services Department offers many online resources that help with career and industry research, networking connections with alumni, and job opportunities.
- Career Resource Center
The Career Resource Center provides books and online resources that aid students with their career and job search. Computers and written resources are available for students and alumni to use at any time.
Services for Faculty and the Campus Community
- Classroom presentations and workshops
Faculty may request a class or club visit from the career center. Staff will create a presentation focused towards the interest of the group.
- Throughout the academic year, workshops related to job search and career development offered to students and alumni.
Services for Employers
- Unlimited free job postings.
- Search resume database for potential employees.
- Company, recruiter information, and job postings are saved in your profile.
- Company can have multiple contacts registered.
- On-campus visibility
- Request to a class or club visit to educate students about your particular industry,
business/organization, and about potential job and internship opportunities.
Host a table in the high traffic area of the College Center Building.
- Bring literature about your organization, and job and internship descriptions. To reserve a table, please contact Melanie Dalbec at 651-450-3459.
- Inver Hills students and alumni/ae have the opportunity to connect with professionals in a variety of career fields through our Mentoring Network. Students and alumni/ae can access the Mentoring Network once they have registered at College Central via their CNN homepage. We encourage students to take advantage of this opportunity and connect with mentors who can advise and support them in their professional development. Mentors offer one or more of the following avenues of assistance: career/graduate school information and advice; an opportunity to "shadow" the mentor in his/her workplace; leads to internships and jobs; and housing during the course of an internship. Alumni are encouraged to use the mentoring network for their own development as well.