Director of Accessibility and Inclusion
TTY/TDD: MN Relay Services,
Assuring access to educational programming and activities
Inver Hills Community College is committed to providing access to our diverse student body. We recognize disability as a social identity that is a vital element of our campus community. Disability Resources can be accessed through the Center for Accessibility and Inclusion.
The Center for Accessibility and Inclusion provides cultural programming and functions as a campus-wide resource on social justice issues. The office also serves as a support and resource for students from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds. Services include:
- The Center provides a space for students to interact, do homework, and check out our wide selection of resources pertaining to various social identities.
- Planning social and cultural events.
- Providing support to multicultural student clubs & organizations.
- Connecting students to resources on campus and in the community.
- Serving as a liaison between students, faculty, and staff (student advocacy).
- Campus Title IX officer for student related complaints.
In addition to these resources, we support our students with disabilities with the following:
- Have access to educational programs and college courses.
- Can obtain materials and publications in alternate formats.
- Can utilize academic support and other services.
- Can fully participate in college sponsored events and activities.
Commonly requested resources
Students often request these services:
- Testing accommodations.
- Note-taking services.
- Sign Language interpreting services.
- Materials in alternative formats.
- Assistive technology.
Making access simple
The following are the steps to receiving accommodations:
- Fill out the application and return it to either the Director of Accessibility and Inclusion or a counselor.
- Meet with a counselor for an intake appointment.
- If you have documentation of your disability, please provide it with your application or when you meet with a counselor. If you do not have documentation, please complete the application and meet with a counselor anyway.
- We will assist you in obtaining documentation if necessary.
- Receive a written response to your request which outlines the accommodations and resources available to you as a student of Inver Hills Community College.
Personal and confidential service
Specific accommodations for specific disabilities are discussed during a confidential intake with a counselor. We will obtain your permission before entering into discussions with parents, advocates, transition coordinators, rehabilitation services counselors, or other professionals. Most accommodations can be coordinated and provided in a confidential manner.
Quality improvement process
You will receive a written response detailing the accommodations and services you can expect as a student of Inver Hills Community College. Throughout the year, we will contact you on a periodic basis in order to inquire if you are receiving quality service, to resolve problems, and to solicit suggestions as part of a continuous quality improvement process.
Inver Hills application and release forms
MnSCU Policy Statement
Access for Individuals with Disabilities
Requests for disability accommodations from employees