Student Support Services Advisor
Student Support Services (TRiO SSS) is a federally funded program at Inver Hills Community College designed to increase retention through both academic and personal support. If you are actively pursuing your associates degree, thinking about transferring, or just need a little extra support, TRiO SSS could be a great fit for you!
Who is eligible to participate?
To qualify for TRiO SSS, you must:
- Meet at least one of the federal eligibility criteria listed below including:
- Low income (receive a Pell Grant).
- Be a first generation college student (neither parent/guardian has a bachelor's degree).
- Be eligible to receive accommodations through disability services at Inver Hills.
- Be enrolled in an Inver Hills associate degree program.
- Be a U.S. citizen or be a permanent resident.
What does TRiO SSS provide?
- Professional tutoring in math and writing.
- Academic advising, career planning, and major exploration
- College transfer planning
- Visits to four-year schools
- Workshops on various topics including study skills and financial literacy
- Social/Cultural events
Why should you join?
When you join TRiO SSS, you can:
- Be eligible for several Inver Hills scholarships.
- Improve your grades by working with TRiO SSS tutors in various academic areas.
- Work with a personal TRiO SSS advisor to plan a schedule to meet your transfer/career goals.
- Attend four-year college transfer visits.
- Participate in social/cultural activities with other TRiO SSS students.
Meet the TRiO SSS StaffWill Ruckel, Director, 651-450-3701
Absera Abraham, Advisor, 651-450-3742
Mala Ugargol, Advisor, 651-450-3423
How do I join?
Mail or fax the completed form to:
TRiO Student Support Services
Inver Hills Community College
2500 80th Street East
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
or contact any of the staff above.