Veteran Services Coordinator
Veterans Benefits for New & Transfer Students
In order to qualify for veterans benefits, you will need to apply for Regular Admission to the college. Inver Hills waives the college's standard $20 application fee for all veteran and military students.
Please note that students applying under Limited Enrollment status will not be eligible for veterans benefits.
Applying for admission
Veteran or military students & dependents using VA benefits
Apply online at www.inverhills.edu.
- Indicate your military service in your application.
- Submit to the registrar transcripts from all prior college experiences, as well as your military transcripts. For more information on obtaining your military transcripts, please visit the Veteran Services Office on the second level of the College Center.
- Take the college assessment test. Inver Hills Assessment Center hours are listed online at
- Apply for financial aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. When you complete the FAFSA, a spot for you will be held in your selected classes, and you may be eligible for grants, loans and work-study.
Applying for veterans benefits
- Apply for educational benefits online at www.gibill.va.gov. The application takes at least 20 minutes, and you should be prepared for the system to ask you to upload digital copies of your DD-214, NOBE or kicker if requested.
- Apply for tuition assistance through your Education Service Center, or inquire within.
- Schedule an appointment with a counselor by calling 651-450-3508. Please identify yourself as a veteran, service member or dependent using veterans benefits.
- Schedule an appointment with the Veteran Services Office by calling 651-450-3862. For more information, visit us online at www.inverhills.edu/studentresources/veteransservices.
- Submit the VA benefit request form (received from a counselor) to the Veteran Services Office for the processing of your benefit. You must do this every semester.
- Upon receipt of your COE from the VA, please bring a copy to the Veteran Services Office. This is for Post-9/11 recipients only.
Apply online at www.inverhills.edu
- Indicate your military servcie in your application.
- Submit college transcripts from all prior colleges.
- Take the college assessment test.
Inver Hills Assessment Center hours are listed online at www.inverhills.edu/StudentResources/AssessmentCenter/PlacementTesting.aspx.
If you are pursuing the same program, you may change your place of training without restriction, provided your progress and conduct are satisfactory, and the transfer can be made without substantial loss of credit. Please make this change through VONAPP.
Application must be made through Regular Admission (see steps above) and you must be accepted to Inver Hills. Official transcripts of all college work must be sent to Inver Hills for an evaluation of transfer courses.
Submit a “Change of Place in Training” request for educational benefits online at www.gibill.va.gov, form 22-1995. The process takes at least 10 Minutes. Additional questions should be directed to the Veteran Services Coordinator, Sue Flannigan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on continuing benefits once you become a student at Inver Hills, please visit Student-Veteran Responsibilities.
Grids for Course Equivalencies
These grids list faculty approved course equivalencies as of September 7, 2012.