Military and Veteran Services Lounge
Military & Veteran Services

We're committed to being a veteran and military-friendly campus.

Request Information

Contact Information

Military & Veteran Services Coordinator
School Certifying Official



Mon - Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Connect with us


Applying to Inver Hills with Military or Veterans Benefits

First step

To qualify for veterans benefits, you need to first apply for admission to the college. (Note: if you apply under limited enrollment status, you will not be eligible for veterans benefits.)

Notes for veterans

Get Started

Applying for veterans benefits

  • Education and Training (Veterans Benefits Administration)
  • Apply for Benefits (Veterans Benefits Administration)
  • Attend your new student orientation/registration session, at which time you will meet with an IHCC Counselor. The counselor will ensure you are registering for the appropriate courses and will complete your VA Benefits Request form.
  • The week before classes begin, attend the "Integration Session" designed specifically for veterans and servicemembers making the transition to higher education and the college student role. For more information, contact an IHCC Counselor at 651-450-3508.
  • Schedule an appointment with Inver Hills Veteran Services by calling 651-450-3862.
  • Submit the VA benefit request form you received from your Inver Hills counselor to Inver Hills Veteran Services for benefit processing. You must submit the VA benefit request form every semester.
  • When you receive your Certification of Eligibility (COE) from the VA, please bring a copy to the Veteran Services office in the College Center (for Post-9/11 recipients only).

Federal Tuition Assistance

The Armed Forces offer tuition assistance programs to support their service members' educational goal. This includes up to 100% tuition for college courses taken during off-duty hours. Annual and semester hour caps apply. See the links below for more specific information.

Military Credit Transfer Information

By using the Veterans Education Transfer Systems (VETS), you may find out what academic credit is available from Minnesota State Colleges and Universities based on your military training and experience.

Order Military Transcripts

Army, Coast Guard, Marines or Navy Official Military Transcripts

The following options for ordering your official transcript are:

  1. Visit the Military & Veteran Services Office and sign a release statement, the college will order your military transcript and it will be delivered to the college the next business day.
  2. Register for a JST account.

Air Force Official Military Transcripts

CCAF provides several options for ordering your official transcript as detailed below:

  • Option 1: Free online order from CCAF (only available if you are accessing from a .mil network)
  • Option 2: Free written request to CCAF
  • Option 3: First Class Mail and Overnight order through Credentials Solutions
  • Option 4: View unofficial transcript

Questions regarding the above procedures can be directed to: CCAF/Student Services - Commercial (334) 649-5066 DSN 749-5066.

Scholarships and Grants

Credit load requirements

For fall and spring semesters only (based on entire semester)

  • 12 or more credits = full-time
  • 9–11 credits = three-quarter time
  • 6–8 credits = half-time (7 credits is required for Post-9/11 Basic Allowance for Housing, or BAH)
  • 5 credits or less = tuition only

Contact Military &l Veteran Services Coordinator, for credit-load requirements during the summer. While attending Inver Hills, each veteran is responsible for reporting all changes in credit load or clock hours.

Request your enrollment certification

As a new or current student, you should schedule an appointment with a counselor at 651-450-3508 before registering for classes to make sure you have appropriate coursework within your degree program and also to obtain the enrollment certification you need to request your VA educational benefits.

Next, contact Military & Veteran Services Coordinator, at 651-450-3862, to schedule an appointment for processing your educational benefits.

Academic Calendar

Inver Hills News

View More News Stories