Programs & Majors
Contact Information (for students)
Director of Concurrent Enrollment email@example.com
Contact Information (for faculty)
Learning Community faculty
Let us get you information tailored to the academic programs you're interested in.
What's a Learning Community?
- Learning Communities are small groups of students who share academic interests.
- Students have at least two courses in common.
- Students experience the variety of opportunities of a large school in a small, supportive environment.
- Peer tutors help students learn.
- Students participate in special activities and events.
- Learning Communities have no extra cost!
Why should I enroll in a Learning Community?
Learning Community classes:
- Have coordinated learning objectives and assignments.
- Are led by experienced instructors who cooperate in planning their courses.
- Help you get to know other students, since you take several classes together.
- Meet degree requirements or prepare you to take courses that meet degree goals.
- Make it easier to understand material by discussing it in a group with a peer mentor.
- Give you a sense of belonging by providing peer and advisor feedback and support.
What's being said about Learning Communities?
"My experience was wonderful in the learning community and I believe it made my first semester easy, more fun and definitely more memorable."
"I found the learning community to be very helpful. It made it easier to find people to study with and the teachers did a good job of keeping the classes connected!"
"I really enjoyed being part of the learning community. For a first time student, it made me feel connected to the school and I felt I had a built in social network at the college. The teachers are also great."
How do I enroll in a Learning Community?
- Take a look at the exciting Learning Communities for Spring 2015
- Follow the admissions process.
- Review which learning community you would be eligible for based on your English or Math assessment.
- Talk with an Inver Hills Advisor.
- Register for a learning community during your Registration and Advising session.
Contact the learning community coordinator, Woubejig Shiferaw at 651-450-3595 or an Inver Hills Advisor at 651-450-3508.