Career Services helps students and alumni achieve their career and educational goals
through leaning about the world of work and job and internship preparation.
We help you achieve your goals through the following services and resources.
Explore Career Interests and Majors
See outlines of common career areas, employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities.
MN Career, Education and Job Resource
The internet is a wonderful tool to explore careers and majors. However the best way is through direct exposure and experience. An internship is ideal but to start your process consider the following options:
- Learn from a professional in your desired career or industry in a mentor/mentee experience
- Shadow a professional in your field for hands on experience
- Work in a non-profit developing your skills on a volunteer basis while contributing to the mission of the organization
- Interview a professional about their job, career path or education and learn about the challenges and successes that got them where they are today
Enroll in a career exploration, field experience course offered by the Counseling Department
- Contact counseling to learn more.
Job and Internship Preparation
- Résumé and cover letter development – learn how to develop tailored application materials for your job search needs — Résumé Sample
- Interview coaching and mock interviews – learn how to prepare for and practice interviewing
- Networking - learn how to create and maintain a professional network
- Access 100’s of job and internship opportunities, resources and handouts for your
job search needs through College Central Network
On campus jobs are not part of Career Services. You may visit the On-Campus Jobs page for available jobs. Use the job's contact information for questions about these jobs.
Career Services Assistance
Students can come in during walk-in hours to receive assistance with setting up and using College Central (CCN) job posting system, accessing resources to get started on a résumé or cover letter, and uploading your résumé to CCN.
Walk in hours
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Résumé or Cover Letter Writing Services
The Writing Center tutors provide the following résumé and cover letter help after a first draft has been written:
- Appropriate language use and content
- Revising, formatting
- Constructive feedback
For more information, please visit the Writing Center on the 2nd floor of the Library Building or visit their website.
Online Graduate Follow-up Survey
If you graduated from IHCC during the 2014 fiscal year (July 1st, 2013 through June 30th, 2014), please complete this brief online survey. We'd love to hear about your education and employment experiences following IHCC graduation. The information you provide is completely confidential. We appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey!
Services for Employers
Unlimited, free job postings and résumé database for potential job and internship applicants
- For any questions about posting to College Central, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
On campus recruiting
- Host a table in the high traffic area of the College Center Building providing literature about your organization and job and internship opportunities
- To reserve a table, contact 651-450-3683
Company outreach and student connections
- Request to speak to a class or student club to educate students about your organization or industry and job and internship opportunities
- Provide mock interviewers, résumé critiques or serve as a panelist or presenter at our career services events and workshops
- Serve as a host site for an industry tour for a group of students to learn about your organization
- For initial inquiries about this process contact Dionna Jones, Director for the Center of Experiential Learning.
Alumni can stay connected to IHCC through Career Services:
- Serve as a resource for current students providing informational interviews on your major, career and graduate school experiences
- Provide an opportunity for current students to "shadow" you in your workplace
- Serve as a panelist or presenter on your occupation or industry
If interested in staying connected with IHCC through career services contact Dionna Jones, Director for the Center of Experiential Learning.