Financial Aid Office
Location: CC - 257
IHCC School Code: 006935
How to Apply & Award Notification
The Financial Aid Office has a priority deadline of April 1st preceding the academic year for which you are applying. Files completed after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis with funds still available.
You can apply for financial aid to attend Inver Hills by using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA. This application is required for you to be considered for federal and state aid and for Inver Hills scholarships. Plan ahead and allow for at least five weeks for the processing of your application.
If you are a male between the ages of 18 and 25, you must have registered for the Selective Service in order to receive financial aid. Register for Selective Service here.
1. Complete the FAFSA:
- On the FAFSA website, you will be asked to apply for your Federal PIN. You must receive your PIN before you can complete the rest of the application process. Keep your federal PIN in a safe place. It serves as your electronic signature.
- You can use the Dependency Status Worksheet on the FAFSA website to determine whether your parents should provide information for your application. If so, they will need to apply for a PIN also.)
- Use the Inver Hills' Title IV School Code, which is 006935.
- Your name and social security number must appear on the FAFSA exactly as they appear on your social security card. Inaccuracies will cause delays.
- You will need to complete the FAFSA online for the year that you plan to attend Inver Hills.
- When completing your FAFSA application, use the IRS Data Retrieval Process. Using this tool allows you to transfer your federal tax information straight from your tax return into your FAFSA application.
2. Turn in all documents requested to Inver Hills:
- If Inver Hills Financial Aid Office has contacted you and requested that any other documents be completed in addition to the FAFSA, please make sure that all documents are complete and signed by all necessary parties before returning them to the Financial Aid Office.
- For priority consideration, your financial aid file must be complete by April 1st. Files completed after that date will be processed and awarded with available funds.
- It is your responsibility to complete your financial aid file. You may call the office at any time to check your status or by logging into E-Services and using the Financial Aid Status option.
If you completed your financial aid file at another college or university and have decided to attend Inver Hills in that same academic year, you must complete your financial aid file at Inver Hills. Financial aid does not transfer. Choose one of the following options to add Inver Hills to your FAFSA:
- Process the change electronically by logging into your FAFSA, and selecting make a correction and then "Add or delete as school code-006935."
You will receive an email and/or a postcard from Inver Hills Community College indicating an Award Letter is available to you on-line in E-Services. It is your responsibility to read the award letter so that you understand your rights and responsibilities as a financial aid recipient.