Smarthinking Online Tutoring
Smarthinking is an online tutoring service available to all Inver Hills students to use from both on and off campus. You can get live, online tutoring as well as reviews and comments about essays and reports.
What can I do with Smarthinking?
With Smarthinking, you can:
- Interact with a live tutor.
- Submit your writing for any class to the Online Writing Lab.
- Submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor.
What do I need to access Smarthinking?
Using the service requires the following:
- A computer and web browser that meet the technical requirements.
- Internet access (campus network, dial-up, cable modem, DSL, or other internet access).
- Your StarID username and password.
- Some practice using the Smarthinking whiteboard tools.
How do I start using Smarthinking?
- Know your StarID username and password. You will use those credentials to gain access to Smarthinking. (If you don't have your StarID, visit StarID self-service site.)
- Login. Make sure that your StarID account has a valid email account. If you do not have an email address listed in your StarID account you will be unable to use this resource. If you are given the option to transfer an existing account click the SKIP button.
- Check out the tutorials and demonstrations on the Smarthinking site that show how to use the various Smarthinking tools.
What if I need help with Smarthinking?
A Smarthinking Student Handbook is available.
If you have questions, contact Smarthinking Customer Support. They can answer questions about using the service and about any technical problems you may experience. First, check the information in the FAQ. If you still have problems, you can e-mail (email@example.com) or call their technical support department toll-free (888-430-7429 ext. 1).