Peer Tutoring Coordinator
Location: Library, Room 244
Smarthinking Online Tutoring
Smarthinking is an online tutoring service available to all Inver Hills students to use from both on and off campus. You can get live, online tutoring as well as reviews and comments about essays and reports.
What can I do with Smarthinking?
With Smarthinking, you can:
- Interact with a live tutor.
- Submit your writing for any class to the Online Writing Lab.
- Submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor.
- Log into D2L Brightspace using your StarID and password.
- Choose Online Tutoring by Smarthinking from Academic Support menu.
What do I need to access Smarthinking?
Using the service requires the following:
- Some practice using the Smarthinking whiteboard tools.
- Check out the tutorials and demonstrations on the Smarthinking site that show how to use the various Smarthinking tools.
What if I need help with Smarthinking?
A Smarthinking Student Handbook is available.
If you have questions, contact Smarthinking Customer Support. They can answer questions about using the service and about any technical problems you may experience. First, check the information in the FAQ. If you still have problems, you can e-mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or call their technical support department toll-free (888-430-7429 ext. 1).