College Center Room 255
Student Support Services (TRIO SSS) is a federally funded program at Inver Hills Community College designed to increase retention through both academic and personal support. If you are actively pursuing your associates degree, thinking about transferring, or just need a little extra support, TRIO SSS could be a great fit for you!
Who is eligible to participate?
TRIO Student Support Services at Inver Hills Community College selects 140 students a year to participate in the program. In order to participate in programming, students must first complete and submit an application, attend an intake interview, and be approved by program staff. To qualify for TRIO SSS, you must:
- Meet at least one of the federal eligibility criteria listed below including:
- Qualify as low-income according to federal guidelines.
- Be a first generation college student (neither parent/guardian has a bachelor's degree).
- Be eligible to receive accommodations through disability services at Inver Hills.
- Be enrolled in an Inver Hills associate degree program.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
What does TRIO SSS provide?
- Professional tutoring in math and writing.
- Academic advising, career planning, and major exploration
- College transfer planning
- Visits to four-year schools
- Workshops on various topics including study skills and financial literacy
- Social/Cultural events
Why should you join?
When you join TRIO SSS, you can:
- Be eligible for several Inver Hills scholarships.
- Improve your grades by working with TRIO SSS tutors in various academic areas.
- Work with a personal TRIO SSS advisor to plan a schedule to meet your transfer/career goals.
- Attend four-year college transfer visits.
- Participate in social/cultural activities with other TRIO SSS students.
Meet the TRIO SSS Staff
Matt Kruger, Director
Alicia Atwater, Advisor
How do I join?
Mail, fax, or scan and email the completed form to:
TRIO Student Support Services
Inver Hills Community College
2500 80th Street East
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076