Start Testing Times
Mon – Thu: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Fri: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
(Center closes approximately 2 hours after the last start testing time)
Memorial Day, May 25
Labor Day, Sept 7
Spring Break Hours
March 9-12 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
March 13 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
March 27 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
April 3rd for Staff Development
CLEP and GED testing by appointment only – please contact the Testing Center to make an appointment.
The paper/pencil GED test has ended. You must now take the tests on the computer. Available test dates at Inver Hills begin in January 2014.
What do I need to know about taking the GED?
Before the GED test is taken:
- An examinee must be a resident of the State of Minnesota for a minimum of 90 days.
- An examinee must be a minimum of 19 years of age or have an approved age waiver from the Minnesota Department of Education (link to age waiver)
- An examinee must register for the GED test online at: https://ged.com/. Fees must be paid at the time of registration.
- You MUST reschedule online through the "My Account" function at https://ged.com/ more than 24 hours in advance. The testing center cannot reschedule your test for you. Failure to reschedule will result in forfeiture of the fees paid.
For the GED test:
- All examinees will be seated in a designated room for the GED exam.
- We will provide scratch paper, and pens/pencils.
- No personal items/materials are allowed in the testing room, except for the test and answer sheet. A limited number of small lockers are available to store personal items, please plan accordingly. No food or drink is allowed in the testing room.
- The number of tests taken in one day is determined by you, when you register online and pay for testing.
- An examinee must complete a test before leaving the testing room. No breaks will be allowed during an individual test.
- Talking is not allowed during the exam, except with the test proctor. Any examinee discovered talking or cheating during a test will surrender their test and be permanently dismissed from the Inver Hills Testing Center and reported to the MN Dept of Education – GED Office.
Are the tests timed?All GED tests are timed. You will be allotted a specific amount of time to take each test. However, if you finish a test early, you can come out of the testing room and request to begin the next test. Specific test sections and times can be found at: https://ged.com/.
Coming In January 2014 - All New GED Testing
All new computerized GED testing will be implemented January 1, 2014. All old incomplete GED paper/pencil tests/scores will be VOID. Don’t miss the boat by losing your current test scores.
I completed my GED in Minnesota and need a transcript:
For all GED test records completed in MN, contact MN Dept of Ed:
Minnesota Department of Education will not FAX GED records.
For GED test records completed outside of MN:
Contact the Department of Education in the state where you completed your GED.
GED Graduation Ceremony:
In partnership with South Suburban ABE, Inver Hills sponsors a graduation ceremony each year to honor those students who have completed their GED testing and received their diploma.
This year's event is to be held on Wednesday May, 2014 @ 7:00 p.m. in the Inver Hills Fine Arts Building Theatre.
If you have successfully completed your GED between June 1, 2013 and May 1, 2014, you are welcome to participate. Please contact either South Suburban ABE at (651)457-9441, or LouAnn Oppitz at Inver Hills by email at email@example.com for more information on how to participate.