Our #1 transfer degree

Degrees & Programs

Associate of Arts (A.A.)

The A.A. degree is an ideal choice if you plan on transferring to a four-year college or university. You will save money and transfer as a junior to start earning your bachelor's degree.

At Inver Hills, you'll have the added advantage of working one on one with your program faculty. That's something you probably won't find as a freshman or even a sophomore at the university level.

Undecided? No problem. Many students start college unsure of what they want to study. Get started and explore all of your options. Attend an A.A. Info Session to learn more!

A.A. Degree Details and Options

Click each item below to see content

Program Planning Guide and Awards

The 60-credit A.A. degree has three parts:

  • Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC): 40 credits
  • Health & Physical Education: 2 credits
  • Electives: 18 credits

Total: 60 credits

Part-Time Recommended Course Of Study
Full-Time Recommended Course Of Study

A.A. with Emphasis

The A.A. with Emphasis allows you to thoroughly prepare for your chosen major at a corresponding bachelor’s degree program at several public and private four-year colleges and universities. We strongly recommend that you work with an Inver Hills counselor or advisor when making your transfer plans.

Emphasis areas

Gender and Women's Studies
Social Justice

A.A. Transfer Pathways

Transfer Pathways are curriculum plans that allow you to seamlessly transfer with the goal to complete a related bachelor's degree program at any one of the seven Minnesota State universities.

After finishing your Transfer Pathway degree, you will be guaranteed junior-year status on admission to the university you've chosen. You also have the assurance you can earn your bachelor's degree after completing an additional 60 (for 120-credit programs).

You must still meet any special admission requirements for your chosen major and are not guaranteed admission into the major itself.

Transfer Pathway A.A. degrees

Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC)

Health & Physical Education

You must take 2 credits in Health (HLTH) and Physical Education (PHED) coursework to complete your Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree.


Electives are additional Inver Hills courses that meet liberal arts, prerequisite, or degree requirements at your intended transfer school. All courses must be 1000 level or above.

We strongly recommend that you work with an Inver Hills counselor or advisor when selecting coursework to meet these requirements.

Note: A complete A.A. degree will fulfill general education coursework at the following schools:

  • University of Wisconsin-River Falls
  • University of Wisconsin-Stout
  • University of North Dakota

What Major Works Best for You?

Visit What Can I Do with This Major? to learn about opportunities provided by college majors from accounting to women's studies.

Inver Hills Campus

Let's Get Started

Ready to take the next step?