Community-Based Learning (CBL) teaches skills such as leadership, communication, and collaboration. This opportunity is supported by Dakota Electric and the Inver Hills Foundation.
As a Civic Scholar, you will have the opportunity to earn a $250 scholarship with an option to renew for spring semester.
- Civic Scholars Kick Off
- Attend three community-based learning events. A menu of choices will be provided.
- OR Participants can waive the three events by participating in one of these options:
- Enrolled in a community-based learning course for credit. Contact Shannon Williams for a list of eligible courses
- Work as a community service work study employee
- Current opportunities include Neighbors Inc., DARTS, the Inver Hills food and resource center, or elementary reading tutor
- End-of-Semester Wrap Up
- Enrolled in 6 or more credits at Inver Hills
- Priority will be given to students with a financial need
- There are five scholarships available for fall semester
- Commitment to the program components listed above
How to Apply
The application window for 2022-2023 is now open. Please submit your application by 4:30pm on Tuesday, September 27, 2022.