- Borrower is required to have an Inver Hills ID Card with library barcode.
- Never leave the laptop unattended in a place where others might find it (car, coffee shop, etc.).
- Never let others (including children) use the laptop, the laptop is assigned to a single user.
- Save all personal files in online storage, or on a flash drive. Files left on the laptop will be permanently deleted.
- You must abide by MinnState policy and procedure on Acceptable Use of Computers and IT Resources.
Returning the Technology
- Return the technology (laptop, Chromebook or hotspot) and power cord/adapter in the same condition as you received them on or before the date agreed upon at the time receipt of the equipment.
- You must return the technology (laptop, Chromebook or hotspot) directly to the college I.T. Department and college I.T. staff. No exceptions.
- The technology (laptop, Chromebook or hotspot) will be considered returned after the IT staff determines it is free from damage.
Replacement and Repair Costs
- If the technology (laptop, Chromebook or hotspot) is lost, stolen, or not returned for any reason while checked out to you, you will be charged the full replacement cost of $500.00 for HP Elite Book, $1,200.00 for Lenovo Ryzen 5 Pro, $350.00 for HP Chromebook and $360 for T9 Franklin Mobile Hotspot.
- If the technology (laptop, Chromebook or hotspot) and/or power cord/adapter are damaged while checked out to you, you will be charged the full cost of repairs (including labor), up to the full replacement cost of $270.00.
- Students who owe money for replacement and/or repair charges will not be able to graduate, register for courses, obtain transcripts, or borrow Library resources until the charges are paid in full.
Inver Hills Community College nor Minnesota State assume responsibility for viruses, malware, loss of data, or damage to devices plugged into the laptop. The college I.T. Dept staff can provide only limited technical support for the laptops.
Only students enrolled in the following courses will be able to borrow a laptop:
- PSYC 2000, Statistics for Psychology and Behavioral Sciences