Options for getting help with your StarID
Visit StarID Self Service.
Visit the Enrollment Center Lab. (College Center, upper level, across from the Enrollment Center)
StarID is a single username can be used to log into any enabled system across Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU). At Inver Hills, students will use their StarID to access:
- Desire2Learn (D2L)
- wireless internet access
- campus computers
You need to activate your StarID before using it.
StarID / Password Help:
- Since StarIDs are assigned and managed through MnSCU the quickest and easiest way to get information is through StarID Self Service.
- If you forgot your StarID password, please go to Forgot StarID Password.
- If you need to reset an expired StarID password, please go to Expired StarID Password.
Is your personal email address up to date?
Inver Hills, including the StarID system, will send all email communications to your personal email address. It is extremely important that the personal email address in your E-services record is up to date and working.
To verify and update your email address:
- Log in to your E-Services account.
- Click on Account Management, then Demographic Info.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find your email address on record.
- To update your email address, enter the new address and click Submit.
What is StarID?
The StarID format consists of two letters followed by four numbers, followed by two letters, such as ab1234cd. StarID is never duplicated and never re-assigned. This means that once issued, you can use the same StarID at every participating MnSCU institution.